On 2/9/2015 9:57 PM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:
I would like to upgrade my customized CentOS 5.5 to CentOS 7. For this I
took the latest stable CentOS 7 image and wanted to install the packages
that are there in the existing customized version of CentOS 5.5.

you can't do that. there's no supported in-place upgrade path for EL 5 -> EL 7

clean install centos 7, configure it for your requirements, move your application data and settings over (with judicious adaptation of the settings, as not everything is the same with the significantly newer components in 7).