On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 17:59 -0700, Warren Young wrote:

> > On Feb 10, 2015, at 4:28 PM, Always Learning <cen...@u64.u22.net> wrote:
> >
> > 2. PDFs can be created by *NON-ADOBE* software.
>
> And SWFs can be generated by non-Adobe software, and JARs can be generated by
> non-Oracle software.  What’s your point?  Is it that only Evil Corporations
> can create software that can be used for evil purposes?
>
> Are you back on the “F/OSS software is invulnerable” bandwagon already, after
> being knocked off it a week or two back?
>
> > PDF's (well most of
> > them) can be opened by non-Adobe PDF-type software.
>
> So what do you do when you get a PDF that *can’t* be opened by your non-Adobe
> PDF reader?  Do you discard it and go find another way to get the content, or
> do you grumble and fire up acroread?
>
> > 3. The Russian's web site is that of a devote cyclist.
>
> I’m a devout cyclist, too, yet you’ve apparently decided I’m an enemy.

Warren, I have never declared you to be an "enemy". I am an all weather
cyclist who used take his bike as luggage on aircraft.

> What makes this other guy unimpeachable?
>
> I could care less that he’s Russian, or a cyclist.  What I care is that he’s
> purposely providing illicit goods.

Then go and complain to the USA's FBI on +1.202-324 3000. It is not a
Centos issue !

>   That’s enough for me to distrust what he’s providing.

> This Russian cyclist doesn’t even have to be the source of the evil.  Chances
> are that he didn’t buy this PDF from an official source and offer it
> directly.  It’s far more likely that he’s just another step in the chain back
> to the original source.  Why are you trusting all of them, too?

> > Warren, it is senseless you wasting your valuable time trying to make me
> > do what you want.

Please don't waste your time moaning about something which is not
related to Centos.

> Make you?  How am I going to accomplish that?  I have no power over you.
>
> I just thought that, since you were Always Learning, you’d want someone to
> tell you when they saw you doing something that could compromise your
> security.

I never stated I was stupid. Being in the world's top 2% of brainy
people neither deprives me of decisiveness nor of thoughtful
consideration. Having encountered my first M$ boot virus circa 1987 ?
and having seen others experiencing M$ viruses, I am aware of the
dangers.

This thread is unproductive.

--
Regards,