On 2/10/2015 5:29 PM, Always Learning wrote:
Legal point 1: you do not know the source of the Russian's PDF.

doesn't matter.

Legal point 2: you can not determine with certainty that the said PDF is
*not*  a lawful copy.

I know that *I* don't have the rights to read that PDF, and I suspect you don't either. Do you have written permission from the copyright holder, Pearson Publishing, to download that ? I see a statement embedded in the work that permission is required to reproduce, store, transmit, etc in any form. Your suggesting on a public forum such as this that a random copy on a random website is an acceptable source of a copyrighted work is immoral and wrong.