On 2/18/2015 9:39 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
You might be a candidate for LVM integrated raid. It uses the md
kernel code on the backend, but it's all LVM tools to create, manage
and monitor. The raid level is defined per LV, instead of all LV's in
a VG inheriting the underlying raid. It supports all levels of raid
including 5/6. ... ...
... ... btrfs ...

actually, I prefer zfs. I was just saying how I do it on CentOS, where zfs is not really an option.

# zpool create zbig mirror hd10 hd11 mirror hd12 hd13 mirror hd14 hd15 mirror hd16 hd17 mirror hd18 hd19 spare hd20 hd21
# zfs create -o mountpoint=/mystuff zbig/mystuff

done.

.... but, is that lvm integrated raid stuff available in RHEL/CentOS 6 or 7 yet ?