On 09/15/2015 11:27 AM, Leon Fauster wrote:
Am 15.09.2015 um 19:09 schrieb Keith Keller
<kkel...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>:
On 2015-09-15, Leon Fauster <leonfaus...@googlemail.com> wrote:
On 2015-09-15, wwp <subscr...@free.fr> wrote:

this also helps to boot

http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/

rEFInd will work on EFI-based Macs, but not on old PPC Macs, which are
based on OpenFirmware (so grub won't work either).

you are right - its long time ago that i used a macmini and it
was indeed intel based. Before that i used a powerbook and remember
that the boot loader was http://mac.linux.be/content/yaboot

Oh Geez I remember MKLinux DR3 on my Beige G3 - BootX I think it was - had to have a small HFS partition (couldn't be HFS+) with a blessed system folder.

That was my first distro.

I also ran Debian m68k on an SE/30 - that was an experience.

Not knowing who he was, I saw the network driver had been written by a college student name Alan Cox and so I sent an e-mail to the listed e-mail address to say thank you.