On 10/31/2015 01:47 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 09:28:02PM -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:
On Oct 29, 2015, at 4:44 PM, Fred Smith <fre...@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
Can you remind me how to switch from one DM to another? I know I
used to know, but right now cannot recall the proper incantations.
systemctl disable gdm.service
systemctl enable lightdm.service
(reboot or stop gdm and start lightdm from a VT)

--
Jonathan Billings <billi...@negate.org>
Thanks for the reminder!

unfortunately, the problem still exists: after standby, when waking up
I still get a prompt for my password.

Surely that's desired behaviour. I always want my machine to wake up locked - who knows who is in front of the screen - password check ensures I get to choose. The alternative (say a public facing machine kiosk) would be to make sure there is no password set.