On 06/07/2016 04:46 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
On Jun 7, 2016, at 13:03, Emmett Culley <lst_man...@webengineer.com> wrote:
I can see no use case for NetwortManager on our systems.  All network
connections are static.
There are a couple reasons I still use NetworkManager on servers, but one big
one is that the 'network' service runs once, on boot.  If there is no network
connection, your server's network connection will never come up until you log
in at a console to fix it or reboot. With the speed of computers these days,
our servers often boot up faster than the networking equipment after a power
cut.
I must be missing something here, so the system comes up, ip(s) are assigned to
the interface, routes, etc then sometime later the switch comes up and you
ssh in. Never been a problem for me.

--
Jonathan Billings

Stephen Clark