On 04/11/16 17:18, Richard wrote:
[extracted from "Re: [CentOS] dnf and failing epel" message chain.]

From: lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Date: Fri Nov 4 13:39:40 UTC 2016
Date: Friday, November 04, 2016 08:51:07 -0400
From: Jonathan Billings <billi...@negate.org>

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 12:30:02PM +0000, lejeczek wrote:

ps. I wonder if my email get though to the group, I receive
mailing list emails but I don't get my own emails?
You can sign into this URL:

... and change the settings.  One of the settings is whether to
"Receive your own posts to the list".  Make sure it is marked as
"yes".
it's been there always.
Some mailing lists I do have this problem with, others work
fine, and it's not the settings reason, certainly not that
one setting and rest looks ok too.
I wonder if Centos mailman uses some blocking/blacklisting?
But then why the group gets my emails but me?
I believe that the issue is that yahoo updated their dmarc record a
bit ago, so now won't accept mail, from 3rd-parties, that has an
@yahoo... "mailfrom", as yours do on this list.

If the non-@yahoo mailing sender doesn't do what's necessary to deal
with enforced dmarc, and your mail provider enforces dmarc, you won't
see messages from @yahoo correspondents -- which is likely why you
aren't seeing your own list messages. Additionally if a mailing list
has enough @yahoo posters, this can generate sufficient bounces to
get you kicked off the mailing list on a regular basis.

There are various ways for mailers/mailing lists to deal with the
enforced dmarc. My understanding is that with Mailman, which this
list uses, one has to upgrade to -3.

   Email service providers can't send to/from Yahoo Mail addresses

   Questions about our DMARC policy
   Why are my emails bouncing?

   We've updated the DMARC record with "p=reject" for multiple
   Yahoo domains.

   This means all DMARC compliant mail receivers (including Yahoo,
   Hotmail, and Gmail) are now bouncing emails sent as "@yahoo.com"
   addresses that aren't sent through Yahoo servers. Any messages
   without a proper Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) signature or
   Sender Policy Framework (SPF) alignment will be rejected.

<https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN24016.html>

<https://yahoomail.tumblr.com/post/82426900353/yahoo-dmarc-policy-change-what-should-senders#_=_>

well, I'm not sure if I feel better now, I understand there must a plethora of people who fidgeted like me trying to understand what happened (some time ago) - I see I'm not alone, but... it seems larger issue. Would be great if list maintainer(s) look into this and even greater if can fix it.
many! thanks Richard