On Fri, 20 Jan 2017, Robbert Eggermont wrote:

Dear all,

I'm running CentOS 7.3 with SSSD. I'm using sssd-ad to talk to an AD backend. Group names in the AD contain capitals.

When sssd-ad is working normally, group names returned are all lowercase. However, when the AD backend goes offline, group names returned from the SSSD cache contain capitals.

The change in case breaks stuff (sshd's AllowGroups, for one).

Has anybody else seen this behavior?
Is there a way to make the group names uniform, whether they come from sssd-ad or the cache?

case_sensitive = Preserving

This way you get capitalisation on what's reported when it's connected and not
AFAIK.

jh