On 04/26/2017 04:22 AM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
This made the same content as before that caused problems:

I still don't understand, exactly. Are you seeing *new* problems after installing a policy? What are the problems?

#!!!! The file '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' is mislabeled on your system.
#!!!! Fix with $ restorecon -R -v /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
#!!!! This avc can be allowed using the boolean 'daemons_enable_cluster_mode'
allow dovecot_t mysqld_t:unix_stream_socket connectto;

What do these 3 comments mean?

I'm not sure about the first two. The context you see is the same I see on the one system where I run mysqld. Running restorecon doesn't change that context.

As for the latter, it sounds like you should be able to remove your custom policy and "setsebool -P daemons_enable_cluster_mode 1" to allow dovecot to connect to mysql.

did not work. it was set off, so I turned it on and tried it out. Got the same errors:

Apr 26 01:25:45 z9m9z dovecot: dict: Error: mysql(/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock): Connect failed to database (postfix): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) - waiting for 1 seconds before retry Apr 26 01:25:45 z9m9z dovecot: dict: Error: dict sql lookup failed: Not connected to database

You would think that the mysql people would have a boolean to allow specific apps to access the socket.

And document it.