On 2018-02-16 9:29 am, hw wrote:
Mike Burger wrote:
On 2018-02-16 8:16 am, hw wrote:
William Warren wrote:
I would just buy a cloudkey and not have to bother installing the software onto your machine directly.  If you do not have a power over ethernet switch you'll need a micro USB cable and power supply adapter to run it but after that it takes care of running your software for you you don't have to
install anything on to your machine

One would have to be insane to give the maintenance and administration of
their wireless infrastructure out of hands.

The cloudkey is a device that one purchases and runs the same management software, on your network, rather than installing the software onto a Linux server...it's literally the difference between an ethernet connected (and powered, if you have a PoE switch) device running the software or running it on a full fledged computer.

There's no giving of the maintenance to someone else's hands.

You mean it´s an access point controller Ubiquity makes?  Why don´t
they call it just that ...

Because that's not the only function...it's the control center for your entire Ubiquity Ubifi network...APs, switches, routers, I guess.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1