wrote:

> On May 28, 2018, at 18:25, Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I tried to run efibootmgr, but it wants a model named efivars loaded, but
> > there is no such module available.
>
> Are you not running a CentOS kernel?  That module should be available.

I have a *stock* CentOS 6 kernel:  2.6.32-696.28.1.el6.x86_64.  And no, that
module is not in a CentOS Plus kernel either.

> The UUID of the VFAT volume (not the mirror) would be used in the EFI boot
> entry. Boot off a rescue disk when the new disk is installed and add an
> additional boot entry for the new disk. It will reflect the UUID of the EFI
> partition on the new disk. Run ‘blkid’ to compare.

The UUID in the BIOS is NOT VFAT volume.  It is something completely
different.  I have no clue what it is -- it does not correspond to anything I
can find.

> --
> Jonathan Billings

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services