I was afraid someone would say that :-). I am currently at 3.10.0-862.3.2 and downgrading to a 3.10.0-6xx kernel breaks some of the other packages.

Is the mentioned bug documented somewhere?

Cheers
frank

On 07/06/18 06:22, James Peltier wrote:
There was a kernel bug that affected all NFSv4 traffic that we ran into and we had to downgrade the kernel to and older version (3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64) which seemed to help with our NFSv4 issues. We have not upgraded to a newer kernel to see if the issue has been resolved.

*From:* CentOS <centos-boun...@centos.org> on behalf of James Pearson <jame...@moving-picture.com>
*Sent:* June 6, 2018 2:49 PM
*To:* CentOS mailing list; Frank Thommen
*Subject:* Re: [CentOS] Firefox and Thunderbird freeze/crash followed by "nfs4_reclaim_open_state: Lock reclaim failed!" syslog messages
Frank Thommen wrote:

Hi,

since I updated my workstation from CentOS 7.4 to 7.5, Firefox and
Thunderbird (both 52.8.0, from CentOS repos) regularly freeze (or crash)
and cannot be restarted afterwards.? Trying to start them results in a
"Bus error (core dumped)" (Firefox) and "Killed" (Thunderbird).? The
system log then shows:

? ???? kernel: NFS: nfs4_reclaim_open_state: Lock reclaim failed!

each time I try to start the applications (our homedirectories are
mounted via NFS4).? As far as I can see, no other applications are
affected.? The workstation needs to be rebooted to fix the situation.

Has anyone else seen that or knows how to debug or fix this issue? I
tried with strace and wireshark w/o finding anything helpful.

I'm not sure what the el7 default for the Firefox
'storage.nfs_filesystem' pref is - but you could try setting it to
'true' to see if that makes a difference ?

James Pearson