YES!!!!

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 at 5:32pm, Robert Moskowitz wrote

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

You may also want to have a look at /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant and make sure that it is set up correctly.

Define 'correctly' Mine has:

# wlan0 and wifi0
# INTERFACES="-iwlan0 -iwifi0"
INTERFACES="-iwlan0"
# ndiswrapper and prism
# DRIVERS="-Dndiswrapper -Dprism"
DRIVERS="-Dndiswrapper"

If you're using ipw3945, you're *not* using ndiswrapper. That should be

DRIVERS="-Dwext"
YES!!! this did it.

And I got prompted for a password for the gnome-keyring that was created to hold my passphrase.

Next week it will be trying to get onto the secure wireless at the IETF meeting, instead of the insecured... (BTW, all the secured wireless does there is stop wireless attacks. Does not stop IP level attacks).