On Oct 18, 2018, at 6:52 PM, Japheth Cleaver <clea...@terabithia.org> wrote:

> Conoboy, on the other hand, takes great pains during the speech to describe a
> much more fluid and complex interaction between CentOS and its upstream, and
> puts forth CentOS as a mechanism (perhaps the best mechanism) for the winder
> EL community to contribute (something?) back into RHEL's future.

I don’t see a change as significant as a new (or old!) init system making its
way up from CentOS or Fedora to RHEL.

But hey, if you wanted to spend your time trying, that’s a *far* better use of
your time than griping about systemd on mailing lists.

I think forking CentOS 5 or 6 is less effort, but hey, your time, your project.

If anyone out there is thinking this is too much work, some of the major Linux
distributions are, or were at one point, largely one-person efforts.  It is
certainly not a lot of work, but you don’t need a multibillion dollar company
to fork CentOS.

Both projects could fail, and it would still be a much better signal to Red Hat
what the people want.  Again: working code argues best.