On 12/21/18 10:25 AM, mark wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
On 12/20/18 10:33 AM, mark wrote:
lejeczek via CentOS wrote:
I wonder if any Centosian here have done something different than
only contemplated using Fedora Server, actually worked on it in
test/production envs.

If here are some folks who have done it I want to ask if you deem it
to be a viable option to put it on at least portion of servers stack.

Anybody?

I would not run it as a server. In a server and workstation
environment, you do *not* want to have daily multiple updates to
software, you want stability, or you're likely to have your users
seriously aggravated by you, for breaking their jobs far too frequently.
Where do you get that with Fedora server you have to do daily multiple
updates?

I frequently see my manager's fedora box doing updates, multiple times a
week.

Yes, updates come out practically every day.  So?  Microsoft sends out updates to its desktops practically every day also.

I turned off auto updates on my Fedora notebook and tend to do them Monday mornings to start the new week 'up to date'.  I have NOT turned off auto updates on the Win7 systems here, as otherwise I might just forget as I use them too infrequently myself.

Tracer is an interesting tool to see, after an update, what you have to restart.  Sometimes just an app or a logout and back in. Sometimes a reboot.