On 3/1/19 12:53 PM, Ben Archuleta wrote:
Hello All,

I need to set up a new mail server to replace an aging CentOS 6.3 mail server. I was wondering what were some of the best guides on the web for Postfix (Maildir), Spamassassin, ClamAV, Dovecot?

I am close to upgrading my mailserver.  My current instructions are at:

http://www.htt-consult.com/Centos7-mailserver.html

I need to finish:

SHA256 or SHA512 instead of MD5 for the password (Just need to finish up the roundcube password change script)
dovecotadm backup for the mail
and something to backup the mysql

Otherwise my testing has been good.

Of course adding stuff like DKIM, DANE, etc.  would be nice.

Note with DKIM - OpenDKIM defaults to 1024-bit RSA but that is no longer recommended and some services no longer consider it valid. 2048-bit RSA is the current recommended.

The problem is that since DKIM keys do not expire, sysadmins got lazy and never bothered to periodically generate new ones, making 1024-bit RSA unsuitable.

Ed25519 is also now available but support for it is not wide-spread yet.