On 04/25/19 04:36, Gary Stainburn wrote:
On Wednesday 24 April 2019 17:22:13 John R. Dennison wrote:
On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:18:40AM -0400, mark wrote:
Nope. Well... actually, my manager's talking about Ubuntu or maybe even
FreeBSD. He's *extremely* upset with RH being so slow - 8 should have
been out for some time, for one, and a lot of 7, even with SCL, is far
behind,

It should have been?  Says who?

I may only be guessing, but maybe he was referring to the age of C7. There is
no doubt that C7 is now VERY old software wise.  I've just gone through
building a new web server, and have had to use a lot of external repositories
in order to pull in even reasonably new Postgresql / Apache / PHP etc.

Got it in one - that's exactly why he thinks it should have been out before.

        mark