On 2020-05-27 11:20, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
On 5/27/20 10:15 AM, mark wrote:
On 2020-05-27 00:23, Frank Cox wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2020 00:05:34 -0400
mark wrote:

The one from their website: file setup.exe
setup.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, Nullsoft
Installer self-extracting archive

Are you sure you have 32-bit wine and not 64-bit wine since your installer says 80386?

Really annoying that reply goes to send, not list by default....

That was a good catch. And I've tried the ADE installer from a number of sourcese, and ALL of the Adobe installers are - wait for it - 32 bit.

Could someone remind me, is this 2010, or 2020?

I can remind you:

This is Adobe (past year 2000, before they were great, we can thank them for postscript).

Does that help?

Hi, Valeri,

Oh, that's right, silly me, why would *any* company doing business in 2020 have a 64-bit executable? Wonder if there's an 16-bit....

Oh, and I tried the wineprefix, with 32bit, and that doesn't work, either.

        mark