On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 03:44:00PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 17:33:39 -0400
> Jay Hart wrote:
>
> > If you had to rate which printer brand works better with Linux (Fedora and
> > Centos), what would it be?
>
> Any Brother printer that I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal with
> either didn't work at all or if could be made to work, it didn't work for
> long.
>
> If it's a Brother, run away as fast as you can.  They're the cheapest
> crappiest thing you can possibly imagine.
>
> My wife makes quilts and says the same thing about Brother sewing machines.

Sewing machines, I know nothing, not Brother machines anyway.

We've had a few different Brother laser printers here (at home) and
they've been great.

The first one, a HL2070N, when first connected (via USB at that time)
caused a popup window (On Centos, probably 5.x) saying brother printer
found, do I want to configure it now? I did, and it just worked.

Newer ones may require Brother's drivers, but they exist and work.

My newer HL-L2360D also works with one of the default CUPS drivers
on C7, though I forget which one. Discovered this only after using
the Brother drivers for a year or two.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fre...@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------
                        The Lord is like a strong tower.