At 02:54 AM 8/1/2020, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
Hi Johnny,
thank you very much for clarification.

You said that in the centos infrastructure only one server got the problem.
What are the conditions that permit the breakage? There is a particular
configuration (hw/sw) case that match always the problem or it is random?

Thank you

I have two servers running Centos 7 on apple hardware (one mac-mini and one mac server). They both failed to reboot a few days ago. So perhaps whatever anti-boot bug hit Centos 8, also hit Centos 7. I can't tell what version got updated since the system simply fails to boot. I don't even get a grub screen. I'll have to rebuild the systems from scratch.

David