On 8/17/20 4:49 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:03:24 -0500
Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

I downloaded a Centos 8 image file :

CentOS-8.1.1911-x86_64-dvd1.iso

then I installed it as a kvm guest on a Centos 7 host machine.

I installed a lot of the software; gui and server to give it a test drive.

Nothing unusual about what I did  that I can identify.

And the message came up when you.... what?  What action do you take immediately
prior to
this message appearing?

The message appears on the desktop?  Login screen?  When you open a terminal
window?

I have cleaned up a lot of stuff on my C8 machines that I don't need, but on my
main
computer (this one) "rpm -qa | grep subscription" gives me no output, so you
might want to
"dnf remove *subscription* and see what happens.
the negative.
What appears is below.

Greg

You should be able to remove everything except for:

subscription-manager-rhsm-certificates-1.26.17-1.el8_2.x86_64
python3-subscription-manager-rhsm-1.26.17-1.el8_2.x86_64

if you want to keep the hard dependencies (virt-who, abrt-*). You can add --noautoremove to avoid removing much of the other stuff.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637