On 1/21/21 3:31 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 15:17:04 -0600
Valeri Galtsev wrote:

I tried Oracle Linux. After installation it took forever to update yum
database, or do you yum search. Also: I didn't find mirrors... All this
sort of ruled it out for me. Mind that I have 1 Gbps network...

So far I've installed Oracle Linux on one laptop.  What I got was exactly what I expected
to get, and I didn't have any issues at all.  "dnf upgrade" worked exactly as
expected and at pretty much exactly the same speed as it does on Centos, too.

Maybe my problem was I used yum, not dnf command. Or maybe my locality of specifically my domain is not favored by oracle. Or maybe other way around, my network admins... But then, mine is just a single installation, exactly as you told about yours ;-)

Valeri

But that's just one installation.  I haven't done anything else with OL yet at
all.

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago