On 7/8/21 10:38 AM, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
On 8/7/2021 6:19 μ.μ., Valeri Galtsev wrote:

Of course, tastes differ, but still, only those who tasted both things can have fairly say what is better to one's own taste.
But even as part of our infrastructure fled to FreeBSD...

As a side note:

l never used FreeBSD, even though I've heard good things about it. Frankly, I loathe its devil logo. I know it's probably derived from the Unix "daemons", yet I fail to get reconciled with it. It's simply appalling to me (even if it's smiling) :(

I _can_ understand religious person's attitude to some images.

I don't require any reply on my above comment (I might even be called naive or whatever). It's some kind of personal confession which I feel I need to express somehow. I simply wish FreeBSD people changed this logo at some point...

I wonder whether FreeBSD users are expressing similar concerns... I am not following any FreeBSD activity or discussion.

I for one consider FreeBSD mascot as created with quite some sense of humor. No more no less.

Being not religious myself, I do agree with what region [Christian?] says, almost all or it: you shouldn't steal, you shouldn't kill, you should be kind to others,... The only thing I disagree with is: they say God created people, I believe it is other way around: people created God for themselves. But as neither can be proven experimentally, the last in my book is really minor disagreement ;-)

Valeri

Cheers,
Nick

Valeri Galtsev