On Aug 28, 2021, at 05:58, Rob Kampen <rkam...@kampensonline.com> wrote:

> Yeah, it is astounding to me that RH does not define their implementation of
> the grub2 grub.cfg file with particular focus on the things that are
> different between legacy boot and UEFI. Also what (if any) differences there
> may be in the initramfs and vmlinuz files between the two boot options. then
> we have the various .efi files with little or no documentation. So we are
> left with anaconda ....

I don’t think migrating from a legacy bootloader to UEFI (on the same hardware)
is a common enough process to document.

I do notice you have a kernel listed with a .efi extension, and I’ve never seen
that before.

Typically on a UEFI C7 system, all the kernels and initrds are in /boot.  Only
the EFI executables and supplementary grub files are in the /boot/efi volume
(normally /boot/efi/EFI/CentOS). I don’t know where you got that kernel efi
file.

—
Jonathan Billings