Timothy Selivanow wrote:

I've changed the switch out, unfortunately to something that I know
doesn't support 802.3ad, but I'm still unable to get aggregate link
bandwidth using mode 0, 2, and 6.  I'm using scp to test the bandwidth,
one machine with one interface, one with two bonded, and one with three
bonded.  No matter the combination of who is sending/receiving the
files, no increase in throughput.

Would using a x-over cable on two machines, using two interfaces each,
with 802.3ad (or other mode...) on both hosts work?  My inclination is
that the aggregating protocol needs a shared bus to negotiate, and
putting each channel on it's own bus (x-over cable) would defeat that...

AFAIK, bonding can not give increased bandwidth between two hosts - the maximum you can ever get is the bandwidth of one of the links i.e. if you have a server with say 4 bonded interfaces, any one client can only get a maximum bandwidth of one of the interfaces on the server.

I've used 2 bonded (mode 6) Gigabit interfaces on NFS servers and can get 200+Mbyte/s read speeds using multiple clients

James Pearson