on 4-25-2008 8:04 AM John spake the following:
[public]
vfs objects = recycle
        recycle:repository = Recycle Bin
--------------------------------------
Just want to be clear if I use the vfs recycle option does
"recycle:repository = Recycle Bin" get put into the the public
directory? As I am having a problem with deleting files on a client and
then can't empty the trash because of permission problems. Will this
solve this issue or do I have problems elsewhere?

Keep in mind this is a mixed node network with windows and linux. I'm
taking pointers from any one with heavy samba experiance. As I am no
samba guy. Also pointers on clustering samba with DFS.

It gets put in the root of the share that you activate it in. I am not sure if you can make it a global option, but maybe.

I'm not sure of what your issue is, when you say "empty the trash" do you mean deleting files from "Recycle Bin"?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and