on 4-30-2008 7:07 AM Ruslan Sivak spake the following:
John R Pierce wrote:
Ruslan Sivak wrote:
We have an application that was build on a windows platform that expects a case insensitive file system. Is there a way to set one up in CentOS? NTFS should work, I think, but I feel uneasy using that under Linux.

NTFS is not whats case insensitive, its WINDOWS thats case insensitive.

you'll need to fix that application to either use all monocase names or to be self-consistent enough to run properly on a case sensitive system.

I will look into fixing the application, but it may not be possible. There must be a filesystem that I can use. Mac's have HFS+ which can be case insensitive. Aren't Macs pretty much Linux? Isn't there a similar filesystem availalbe for linux? I wouldn't run the whole system on it, just the portion that hosts the app.

Russ
I think that it is the OS that is case sensitive or not, not the filesystem. Posix systems are case sensitive, and since Windows isn't a posix system it doesn't have to be.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and