Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
No doubt!

The worse part is I don't believe it was premeditated. I think she came
over to drop off the kids and told him oh by the way I'm taking the
children to live with me in Russia, at that point he went into a fit of
anger and threw here against the pillar causing a fatal head injury.

I followed the trial blogs day by day on the SF Chronicle site. His wife was very close to gaining her US medical license (she had been a doctor in Russia), had lined up a good job, and various other indications of planning for a long term life here, nothing indicating any plans to leave for Russia.