on 5-12-2008 10:17 AM MHR spake the following:
I got half way through an installation of CentOS on a box that has
Window$ 98 in the first partition and Window$ XP in the second, where
CentOS was designated for partitions 3 (/boot - 128MB) and 4 (/) and
had some strange results.

During the install, I changed the default OS to boot to Window$
(because I rarely use this machine, but others who don't have a clue
use Wxx), but then while the packages were downloading, I left the
machine alone.  When I came back, it had rebooted to the DVD, so I
pulled it out and rebooted again.

It came up in the Windows boot selection screen (W98 or WXP), and
never stopped at grub.

Should I not have set it to go to Windows by default, or is this
something different?

Thanks.

mhr
It might not have finished the install, and something made it reboot before it had written the grub records.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and