on 5-12-2008 2:20 PM Doug Tucker spake the following:
Tru,

I work at a university.  They don't provide enough money for test
environments :).  Just kinda odd, last time kernel update, gfs updated
at the same time so all was well.  But twice now kernel has upgraded
with no GFS so it went bye-bye.  Is the GFS being installed, compiled
against particular kernel headers, or could I just copy the /fs/gfs
and /fs/gfs_locking to the new kernel /lib/modules (or symlink for that
matter) and be lucky enough it would work?

Then don't turn on automatic updates. That way you can verify that the new modules are in place before setting that kernel as default and re-booting.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and