MHR wrote:
My main system is a CentOS 5.1 64-bit desktop with gobs of disk and a
couple of printers attached that work just fine.  I have it set up
with samba so my VMWare guest Windows XP can access most of the files
and the printers.

But, when I try to connect to the printers from a remote machine that
has a Win98/WinXP dual boot, I can't see the printers at all.

Do they should up if you run the command below in the Linux host?

smbclient -L //localhost

Both 98/XP can ping the host by IP address or by name (I've updated
the host on both and the lmhost file on the 98 boot), but the 98 boot
can't see the network at all, and the XP boot can't see anything on my
CentOS box, although it at least sees that the box is there.

Not even the home share? Have you created a machine account for the XP guest?