Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
Johnny Hughes wrote:

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM, MHR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:41 AM, Ralph Angenendt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Answer: When it's ready.
Suits me - I have a different question (and it's probably up somewhere
I don't have time to look at the moment - I'll check when I get to
work, but by then I'll have forgotten this question again).

Does 5.2 have an updated release of GDE with it?

Every so often, among other things, when I exit Evolution, it crashes,
but Bug Buddy says it can't report the bug because my GDE is too old.

5.0 came with GDE 2.16.0.  Gnome development is up to 2.23.1 (or later
- I lost track).

RHEL-5 will probably be 2.16 til its end of life.
This is generally true .. the minor kde or gnome version (that is the 5 in kde-3.5.4 or the 16 in gnome-2.16.0) has never changed in a the same RHEL version in the past ...

HOWEVER, I have heard that RHEL-6 is a ways off and that RHEL 5.3 will continue to have major changes, even more pronounced than those in 5.2, so we will need to wait and see :D

Well one can hope... Personally I would love to see KDE 3.5.9
pulled in as it is a lot more stable and robust then KDE 3.5.4.

KDE 4.0 is still way too immature even for RHEL 6, the interface
still needs a lot of working out, polishing and the icons need to
look more, well less like a child's software system.

I still prefer to use KDE 3.5 and 3.5.9 is definitely the way to
go there.

-Ross

Well hopefully the testing of KDE 4 in Fedora 9 will answer the issue of whether it is ready or not for RHEL6. Also, as RHEL6 is still a way off, and KDE 4 is developing fast, things _may_ have changed by the time it is released. But I do agree, atm I'd personally rather see KDE 3.5 included.

The other factor to consider is the long term support issues related to maintaining KDE 3.5 in RHEL6 given that I _think_ qt3 is already unsupported.