on 6-10-2008 10:06 AM Craig White spake the following:
On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 12:57 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
Kai Schaetzl wrote:
Sam Drinkard wrote on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:23:05 -0400:

Anyhow, it works well if I don't try to update the machine
Your problem comes probably from mixing repos. As I said: read back on the list, has been discussed here already several times this spring/summer.

Kai

Ok.. I sort of figured that was the problem, but I just removed everything clamav related and reinstalled only clamav-milter. When I tried a normal "yum update" it fails again just as before. As far as I can tell, the files are coming from rpmforge and not dag. I don't have his in the repos. Looking at the index list on Dag's website, it shows the latest clamav as version 0.92 and not 0.93 which is coming from rpmforge. How do I make sure all the stuff comes from rpmforge and not somewhere else?

Yes, I remember the discussion from earlier this year, and I got a good install on my other server, but this 64-bit machine is not doing like the 32-bit server. I know it's frustrating to have the same questions asked over and over, but this situation appears to be something besides mixed repositories, or at least from what I see on the screen says it all came from rpmforge.
----
I was under the impression that dag and rpmforge were the same for
CentOS purposes...here is the URL for downloading/installing
rpmforge.repo

https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/Using

Craig
Add "ignore-pkgs=clam*" to the kbs repo definitions.
Do you actually have things installed from kbs-extras?
KBS and rpmforge don't play too well together since they have some duplication by package name but not versions.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and