on 6-10-2008 12:35 PM Sam Drinkard spake the following:

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
Sam Drinkard wrote:
Ok.. I'm way behind the 8-ball on setting things up correctly, but after
going over the protection things in yum, I ran a yum check-update and it
returned with having 318 files excluded because of protection.  Is that
too high a number?  I have the numerical protection set to 1.  Is there
a good tutorial about how to correctly set up the protect base.

I'd go with the priorities plugin.

Everything about Repositories, Protectbase, Priorities and more at:

<http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/>

Cheers,

Ralph
Just to be on the safe side, I installed both plugins and have them configured now. FWIW, I did a yum check-update and for some unknown reason, I got no dependency issues and nothing was tagged for update! Surely the addition of the protectbase and priorities plugins didn't do that???

It could have, and please don't call me Shirley!  ;-P
(I know, old joke!)

I appreciate all you all have responded, and apologize for the lame questions. Time for me to do some more list reading I suppose.

Sam

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and