ceejay cervantes wrote:
Hi,

Is it not ok to use both plugins at the same time? I have read from the wiki
page of centos that you must use only either protect base or priorities plugin.
 I have been using the the config file below for months and did not encounter
any problems. I used priority=1 and protect=1 on base and updates
(addons,extras protect=1 ; set no priorities) for the CentOS-Base repo and on
the rpmforge repo I used protect=0 and did not set any priority. Should I
enable only one (protect base or priorities) and not both? Thanks.

Just for the record, basically protectbase is priorities with only 2 settings (0 and 1)

So, if you have both installed, protectbase will override the priorities.

So, you should pick one or the other, but not both.