Lanny Marcus wrote:
You entered them there and you can dig +trace from there. That's
interesting.  I would like to discontinue using the DNS Servers at my
ISP, because: (a ) frequently slow (b) sometimes no DNS (c) the recent
problem where I get to opendns.com
Generally your ISP's DNS should be quickest because they are closest. If you're not happy with them, google for "public DNS" and you'll find a plethora of publicly accessible DNS systems.
You can also create a backup using the web-interface.  The backup will
be saved on your local machine and you can restore it from there if needed.

Thank you for reminding me about that! The IPCop box I am using now, I
backed up on 23 February. The Backup IPCop box, which I am going to
use to test this, will need to be updated and then I will backup,
before I try these changes.
Don't forget to save the backup to your local system in case your IPCop box gets totally hosed. You can then rebuild the IPCop system and restore the backup from your desktop.
<snip>
Ian: Thank you for the information! Lanny
You're welcome.

Ian