John R Pierce wrote:
Heiko Adams wrote:
But maybe CentOS doesn't need to redistribute those RPMS for two
reasons:
1) CentOS testing already has IcedTea 6 RPMS
2) Somewhere I've read that Red Hat plans to integrate IcedTea RPMS into
5.3

agreed

I dunno any enterprise Java developers who are using OpenJDK for any production work yet. sure, people are watching it to see how it comes out, but I suspect it will be a couple years yet before its considered production grade at places like where I work.

Well ... that still does not make older versions of sun java redistributable :D

if/when upstream rolls java into RHEL in a way that is redistributable, we will build it also for CentOS.