on 9-24-2008 2:23 PM Ralph Angenendt spake the following:
Bob Hoffman wrote:
I have to say, in the 7 months or so since I got into this whole linux
webserver, this is the most active thread I have ever encountered.
I would assume most of us are a little unsure about the whole
dkim/spf/sender id thing. And even according to the websites themselves,
they are not sure of their own standards.

No, I'm very sure about SPF. It's crap. Utter crap. And it can break mails in a very funny way.

Let's say you send me a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] That mail is just forwarded
to a different mail account. Now I get a mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED], but
I get it via mail.centos.org which clearly isn't a server you would allow to send mails out as @hoffman.com when you set up SPF for your domain. So if I drop mails which don't have a "correct" SPF record - I'd drop that mail.
Although your domain has correct SPF records.

And yes, there are ways around it which make the whole thing even uglier.

But shouldn't a forwarder add its own envelope and a set of received headers?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and