Hi folks,

I have lots of messages like these appearing on my local CentOS 5.2 consoles:
Oct 17 12:03:29 machine kernel: printk: 1 messages suppressed.
Oct 17 12:03:29 machine kernel: pbond0: received packet with own address
as source address

I have disabled console logging in syslog.conf, and even if I shut down syslog and kernel logger, the messages keep coming on the local consoles (not on remote consoles).

So the question is: What process logs directly to the console bypassing syslog/kernel log facilities? How can I find where to stop that?

Thanks for any hint or help.

Dirk