Karanbir Singh wrote:
Tony Schreiner wrote:
My question is: kernel 2.6.18-92.1.13 is now the oldest one present on my system and will be removed next update. Do I need to worry about that? Will it take the remaining kmod-xfs with it?

Only files directly owned by the kernel will get removed when the kernel rpm is removed from your machine; which, as a policy holds true for any rpm. This is one of the many reasons why packagers are encouraged to list-and-own specific components and not complete directory tree's when they setup the spec files.

My concern came from the fact that xfs.ko belongs to the kmod-xfs package and older versions kmod-xfs had a dependency on a kernel version and would be removed by yum when that kernel was removed. I guess that the latest kmod-xfs-0.4-2 does not; which I suppose I could have checked for myself in the first place.

Tony