Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to know if I could share some space on on of my servers,
to another server(s) using the iSCSI protocal? I can  see that CentOS
can connect to an iSCSI server, but can it act as a iSCSI server?

Is so, does anyone have some good HOWTO / tutorials / docs on how to set it up?

I'm running CentOS 5.2

Yes you can , but actually it's still 'techonology preview' as stated in the Upstream Release Notes ... You'll need to install the package scsi-target-utils and configure everything with the tgtadm command : there is no config file that is read by the /etc/rc.d/init.d/tgtd initscripts so you have to write a bash scripts that will be read on startup to do the whole work. If you have already played with iscsi, using tgtadm is not really difficult but i admit also that i'm only using it for tests in labs. Production machines are using FC HBAs ;-)
--
-
Fabian Arrotin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>