Mufit Eribol wrote:
Karanbir Singh wrote:
On 01/08/2010 12:24 PM, Mufit Eribol wrote:
I use a raid card on my Centos 5.4 server. Whenever I updated the
kernel, I used to compile drivers of the card for the new kernel. I have
done this many times in the past without any problem.
what raid card is this ?
It is Highpoint rr2310 card. Yes, I know it is soft type.
I have two different rocket raid cards and both need to have the driver re-compiled with every kernel release - that's not a big issue, just need to remember to do it whenever the kernels bumps. This is true for rr174x and rr222x The other thing both these need it to have sata_mv.ko removed!! If the supplied file is left in /lib/modules/<kernel version>/kernel/drivers/ata/ the box fails to boot.
HTH
Mufit Eribol