On 1/13/2010 9:04 AM, John Doe wrote:

> One thing that made me not use BackupPC was that (from the doc):
> "The advantage of the mod_perl setup is that no setuid script is needed,
> and there is a huge performance advantage....  The
> typical speedup is around 15 times.
>   To use mod_perl you need to run Apache as user __BACKUPPCUSER__.
> If you need to run multiple Apache's for different services then
> you need to create multiple top-level Apache directories, each
> with their own config file.  You can make copies of /etc/init.d/httpd
> and use the -d option to httpd to point each http to a different
> top-level directory.  Or you can use the -f option to explicitly
> point to the config file.  Multiple Apache's will run on different
> Ports (eg: 80 is standard, 8080 is a typical alternative port accessed
> via http://yourhost.com:8080)."
>
> Since I don't have a dedicated backup server, I did not want to mess up the
> existing apache configurations...

You really don't spend any time in the web interface which is the only
thing affected by this.  And it is fast enough when run as a normal CGI
anyway.  Try it without mod_perl.  You'd also have the option of running
backuppc as apache, but that is less secure if other web admins have
access to the machine.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikes...@gmail.com