Nate

--- On Wed, 6/9/10, nate <cen...@linuxpowered.net> wrote:

> From: nate <cen...@linuxpowered.net>
> Subject: [CentOS] Intel ICH10R on CentOS 5.4
> To: centos@centos.org
> Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 4:44 PM
> Hey there..
>
> I was wondering if anyone could share experiences they have
> had
> with the Intel ICH10R SATA controller? I tried looking
> around
> but all I could find were RAID references, I have no
> interest
> in using the RAID functionality just basic SATA JBOD.
> Wondering
> if there are any gotchas for performance, drivers, quality
> etc.

> if
> anyone else has experiences.

I have the GA EP45-ud3r MB with this north bridge. Mine has 3 separate Bios
entries for ahci, raid, and jmicron.

IIRC C5.4 has drivers for all. The worst thing you can do is install with
the functionality off in the bios. Turn them all on, install, then decide if
you want to tweek.

I never ran JBOD, but did try RAID0 and it was flawless. Dmraid handled it.

--
Mark