On 03/30/2012 10:55 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is anyone here running CentOS 6 with dual monitors configured as a
> single X Screen?
>
> I'm trying such a setup on version 5 (again), using NVIDIA TwinView, and
> it works in many ways, but there are a number of problems that means
> it's not too usable - the most important one being that there appears to
> be no way to control which of the displays new applications/windows will
> appear on. I mean, I don't necessarily need to be able to configure this
> or anything, but I would at least expect programs to open on the monitor
> that displaying the menu item or icon or terminal or whatever used for
> startup, but often they end up on the other one.
It's the window's manager job to do that using the XINERAMA X extension.
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinerama
For example in centos 6 KDE the window manager redirects the new windows
in the display that have the mouse in, so if I start an application and
quickly enough move the mouse to the desired screen, the application
window displays in that screen.

Lec

> So I guess my question is, would upgrading to version 6 help?
>
> - Toralf
>
> This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain
> proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged.
> It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient
> or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author
> by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If
> you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute,
> forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by
> the author.

Lec