Hi,

We dropped support for ebofs a few months back since the plan moving
forward is to use btrfs and the maintenance burden wasn't deemed
worthwhile.  Btrfs does (almost *) everything ebofs does, and much more,
and is very actively developed.

The main issue with building ebofs at this point is pobject_t.  It used to
be a simple wrapper around object_t, which used to be fixed-size.
object_t is now essentially a variable length string, which won't work
with ebofs' btree code.  Either that code needs to be rewritten
accordingly, or you can redefine object_t as a fixed size struct and use
ebofs outside of ceph.  There are a variety of places now where ceph uses
variable-length object names that would need to be cleaned up to use ebofs
on a ceph osd...

sage