> Hi Yan Zheng, Eric Eastman
>
> Similar bug was reported in f2fs, btrfs, it does affect 4.4-rc4, the fixing
> patch was merged into 4.4-rc5, dfd01f026058 ("sched/wait: Fix the signal
> handling fix").
>
> Related report & discussion was here:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/12/12/149
>
> I'm not sure the current reported issue of ceph was related to that though,
> but at least try testing with an upgraded or patched kernel could verify it.
> :)
>
> Thanks,

I have just installed the cephfs_new.patch and have set
CONFIG_DEBUG_VM=y on a new 4.4rc4 kernel and restarted the ESXi iSCSI
test to my Ceph File System gateway.  I plan to let it run overnight
and report the status tomorrow.

Let me know if I should move on to 4.4rc5 with or without patches and
with or without  CONFIG_DEBUG_VM=y

Looking at the network traffic stats on my iSCSI gateway, with
CONFIG_DEBUG_VM=y, throughput seems to be down by a factor of at least
10 compared to my last test without setting CONFIG_DEBUG_VM=y

Regards,
Eric