On 8/1/06, Dave Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm running on RHEL 4.0 with Update 3 (SELinux turned off)
> > using the internal JRun web server. The plot thickens because
> > I can get the WSDL file back using "links" on the machine
> > itself. Further, I can drop the WSDL URL into a test CFM
> > template and call it using cfhttp without issue. It's
> > literally the Web Services option in the CF Administrator
> > that doesn't seem to like it. And, of course, none of my log
> > files (both JRun and ColdFusion) are displaying any trace
> > output whatsoever.
>
> What happens if you try to invoke the web service by URL from CFINVOKE?

Hi Dave. Yeah, that was my "common sense" moment, and I was able to
track my problem down once I did that. However, it's a bit of an odd
quirk, so I'll paste in a reply I made to Steve Erat earlier for
everyone's benefit, as it'll hopefull help somebody out in the future:

I was actually able to figure out my problem, but the thread wasn't
appearing on houseoffusion.com to update. I actually found an
interesting issue.

So, as you noted in your Breeze presentation, the compat-libstdc++
library is required to run CFMX on Linux, and that the warning that
the installer throws can be ignored if it's installed. So I noticed
that I didn't have any of the compat-libstdc++ libaries installed and
queried the rpm database for the right compat library. It came back
with this library as being available for my system:

compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3

So I installed that rpm file and then went through the CFMX installer
and got the warning that you said could be ignored. Everything looked
great except for the aforementioned web services problem upon firing
up my instance. I was eventually able to figure out that the problem
that ColdFusion was having was that the jikes compiler couldn't find
the libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 file. I did a rpm query, throwing in the
--redhatprovides flag (because --whatprovides returned nothing), and,
sure enough, only this version of the compat-libstdc++ library has
that .so file:

compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-132.7.2

So once I installed that rpm and all was well. However, I feel like
this is something that needs to be clearly stated somewhere, as you
would figure that a "compat" library would still have the appropriate
files that CFMX needs. Further, I would submit that it's a bug that
none of the log files available (my nohup.out file, jrun logs, and
coldfusion logs) dump the error. It seems as if the webservices.cfm
template is doing a try/catch on the WSDL lookup, but only outputting
the very unhelpful error I noted in my initial post.

Anyway, I hope that maybe helps somebody out in the future. Thanks for
everybody's time.

Regards,
Dave.