On 3/29/00, Jim McAtee penned:
>On a shared server the only way to do this is to monitor the logs.
>If you also
>have FTP server(s) to monitor then you'll need to do the FTP logs as well.
>Statistics server will give you web server totals for the domains,
>but like you
>say, you need to go into each one individually and find the bandwidth usage.
>I've corresponded with Media House asking for a machine-wide site by site
>summary report for exactly this purpose.  Maybe if another hosting
>provider did
>the same they'd start to take notice.
>
>You could create a simple log analyzer in CF, but when those logs
>get large, it
>tends to bog down.  A better language to use would be Perl.  One thing to be
>certain of is that you're logging all traffic - graphics files, html,
>everything.

Thanks Jim. I think I've got my solution though. I purchased a server
with Linux NetMax installed for my firewall. I'm playing with it now
before I take it to the Co-Lo facility. Says it has a traffic monitor
that I can monitor traffic to the network by machine and URL. That's
cool. :)

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452